The second one is Coleman Bridge, which was built in 1840. It was the second bridge built across the Singapore River. Designed and named after an Irish, George Drumgoole Coleman, Singapore’s first architect.
In 1865, the original brick bridge was replaced by timber. And in 1886, an iron bridge was built to replace the wooden one.
To withstand the increasing heavy traffic flow, the iron bridge was finally demolished in 1986 and replaced with the present concrete bridge while the iron lamp post and railing were retained under historical conservation.
Day and night, Elgin Bridge stood still as strong as an iron man, bearing travelers without any complaints.
Ferry with tourist sight seeing the landscape of Singapore River.
The little Bodhi tree witnessing the hustle and bustle of our footsteps and the history of the two bridges in the heart of the Singapore river.