The MacDonald House was built in 1949 by the architectural firm Palmer and Turner. It is now the only one building left with red- brick exterior in Orchard road. In 1965, two Indonesia saboteurs placed a bomb on the mezzanine floor, three persons was killed and 33 injured.
The impact of the bomb shattered all windows within 300 feets and damages car outside the building. It was due to Indonesia Confrontation, in support of President Sukamo, opposition to the merger of Singapore, Malaya, Sabah and Sarawak. The 2 Indonesia terrorists were convicted to murder and hanged eventually.
The building is designed in Neo-Georgian style. Built in reinforced concrete and clad in red brickwork with rigid language. The white painted frame casement windows allow it to stand out from the modern cityscape of the Orchard road. The 1st floor was lay by creamy natural marble stones, the size of the tiles and refine details made the building more conspicuous.
Obviously, this buiding is different from fast restaurant Mcdonald, this is The Macdo